New patch notes have been posted recently from the PTR and I’ve just copied my own characters to the Test Realm to analyze them more fully. Some are pretty obvious, so I thought I’d share my thoughts on these in the interim:
- All 23-hour profession cooldowns are now 20-hour cooldowns.
- All 4-day cooldowns are now 3 days, 20 hours.
Eh? While I like the idea of shortening the cooldown, I’m not sure this 4 hour reduction is doing anyone any meaningful favors. What I’d prefer to see is a separate CD for different item types, especially for Alchemists. A reasonable breakdown might be to separate Primal-Primal transmutes vs Metas and Mights. I know for me, since I only have one CD for all I tend to use it for Meta Gems because that’s where the largest profit is. Anything else is just throwing money away.
- Removed the cooldown from Void Shatter.
- Void Shatter recipe now correctly requires 375 enchanting.
This is something to rejoice, that’s for sure! I’m pretty happy to see the CD going away completely for Void Shatter. I had originally stockpiled a handful on each toon so they could make Large Prismatics for their personal chanting use, but the CD has forced me pace out my shattering. I realize they don’t want the market flooded with cheap shards, but I think losing the CD will do more good than harm.
As for the enchanting requirement – that shouldn’t have gone live in the first place. I’m sure I’m not the only chanter that was caught with her pants down after finally grinding the SSO rep for the Shatter recipe only to find that I needed max Enchanting and the uber-rod in order to execute a shatter. That sucked since the skill requirement didn’t match the rod requirement, but I suppose it did force me to suck it up and grind those last few points on my Enchanting skill :P
- The Engineering supply item Delicate Copper Wire will now properly fit into engineering bags.
- Brilliant Glass no longer requires a forge.
- Brilliant Glass now has a small chance to make an epic gem.
- Quick Dawnstone, Reckless Noble Topaz, Forceful Talasite are now all available at the Quel’danas gem vendor
No forge needed – woot! I can’t tell you how annoyed I get every time I go to make glass and have to find a friggin’ forge – bah :P Small chance to make an epic gem – woot! woot! I’ll take free epic gems =) Haste gems going on the QD vendor: once again should have gone live this way. I kept thinking I was bonkers cuz I couldn’t figure out where they were, clearly the problem wasn’t me. What I really want to know is… where’s the CD removal for Brilliant Glass???
- Completing the quest “The Journey Has Just Begun” will now properly teach how to make an Onyxia Scale Cloak.
- Greatly reduced the reagent cost for Glove Reinforcements. Also reduced the skill gain range slightly.
Hmm, is anyone still doing the Ony chain? Not sure why this is important to fix at this stage of the game but whatever. But depending on the reduction, the glove reinforcements has the potential to be pretty helpful. I know I’ve considered making one several times, but didn’t because of the significant component cost. I will have to investigate that one more fully to see what the story is now.
Feel free to share your own thoughts on the various changes. Perhaps if we’re lucky there will be more goodies added to this list.